Goan Patties / Vegetable Puff

By: Prasanna| Published: 10:02:00 AM
Patties is one of the most famous and delectable snacks of Goa.
When i was in Bangalore, I used to miss it a lot,usually in evening during tea time.
One day, one of my friends took me to famous Iyengar Bakery, as she wanted me to try out their cakes.
There i saw something which was patties lookalike, and they called it "Puff". I was so happy,cuz I found a place to eat it. :) That was one of my happiest moments :)
As years passed by I thought I will try making patties/puff on my own,so finally i made them (with a shortcut) and they turned out super yumm :).

 Do try this and enjoy :)



Snacks Goan Patties Vegetable Puff




Ingredients:
  • 4 puff pastry sheets
  • 1/4 cup carrots, chopped
  • 1/4 cup onion,chopped
  • 1/4 cup potatoes peeled and chopped
  • 1/4 cup green peas
  • 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
  • 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • a pinch of sugar
  • 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
  • a fistful  cilantro chopped
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 2 tbsp melted butter

Snacks Goan Patties Vegetable Puff
 

Method:
  • Preheat oven at 450 degrees F.
  • Prepare the puff pastry sheets as per packet instructions. I thawed them for 15 mins and then brushed  them with little water.
  • In a pan, heat oil and add mustard and cumin seeds.
  • When they start spluttering, add chopped veggies.
  • Add salt and sugar, mix well.
  • After 2 mins , add all masala powders mentioned above.
  • Add very little water and let them cook.
  • Now arrange the pastry sheets on the baking tray. Take a spoonful of the vegetable stuffing and place it on the pastry and fold it.Seal the edges properly. Make sure that the edges wont open up when you bake the puffs.
  • Brush it with little butter on top.
  • Bake it for 15-20 mins or till the puffs are crispy.
  • Enjoy with a cup of hot tea/coffee or with any sauce of your choice.


Snacks Goan Patties Vegetable Puff

Enjoy Eating!! :)

Hi, I'm Prasanna!

I will be the first one to admit that I am an accidental food blogger. I love trying out new recipes and giving them a twist of my own. Hope you enjoy trying out the recipes ... do leave me your valuable feedback 😊

Don't miss out!

Get New Posts straight to your inbox!

    We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at anytime.

    Comments