Mangalore Buns

By: Prasanna| Published: 4:22:00 PM
Something special to refresh my memories...Mangalore Buns!!

This dish is very special to me, as, since my childhood my Mom prepared this dish for me :) I loved her variations to Buns and the taste was so wonderful that I would demand these buns any-day and she would make it for me :)

I love these for breakfast, as snacks or for evening tea!!
Well, my mom makes them better than me of-course but she tries to be modest by saying that my cooking is better!! :) :)

Whenever my hubby tastes food prepared by me v/s food by my mom, he would say her preparation is better...although the recipe is same but I don't know how she manages to put that extra flavor in her food :)

This recipe of Buns was modified by me with slight modifications to my moms preparations....although its basically the same but few changes are done by me to see the taste variation!

Do try it!!


Mangalore Buns Vegetarian Snacks


Ingredients:

  • 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
  • 2 Small Fully Ripe Bananas
  • 1 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
  • 1/2 Tsp Salt
  • 3 Tbsp Sugar
  • 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
  • 2 Tbsp Yogurt
  • Oil for frying



Mangalore Buns Vegetarian Snacks


Method:
  • In a pan dry roast cumin seeds till it leaves aroma.
  • In a bowl, mix all ingredients mentioned. Mix really well to make a smooth dough out of this mixture.
  • If you need water add little by little.
  • Cover it leave it aside for a minimum of 6hrs.
  • In a deep frying pan, heat oil.
  • Roll out puris of the dough. Use a little flour to roll puris.
  • Deep fry the buns.
  • Drain them on paper towel and serve hot with Tea.





Tips:
  • You can use jaggery instead of sugar for a healthier option. I like sugar version than jaggery. 
  • In the recipe, I mentioned 3 Tbsp Sugar but be a bit generous and add little more sugar.
  • I didn't use any water to make dough as yogurt and bananas are enough to make a dough out of the mixture. If you still want water you can use.
 Enjoy Eating!!

Hi, I'm Prasanna!

I will be the first one to admit that I am an accidental food blogger. I love trying out new recipes and giving them a twist of my own. Hope you enjoy trying out the recipes ... do leave me your valuable feedback 😊

Don't miss out!

Get New Posts straight to your inbox!

    We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at anytime.

    Comments